We’re looking for fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art submissions.
Open submissions deadline: October 15th, 2014. All writers will be notified of the status of their submissions by November 15th.
We only accept electronic submissions in Microsoft Word doc or docx format sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments. Please put your name and genre in the subject line. For example: Hemingway_Fiction Submission.
- Fiction and nonfiction must be double-spaced with a maximum of 5,000 words.
- You may send 2-3 pieces of flash fiction or nonfiction as long as the total word count does not exceed 5,000.
- You may send 3 poems per submission, submitted as a single file. All poems should be single spaced.
- Art can be in jpeg or pdf format, and must be 300_dpi. Please send the cover letter and the piece(s) all in one attachment.
- Your name should not appear anywhere in the submission attachment; it should be “blind.”
- Students may submit in multiple genres, but each genre should be sent as a separate submission.
- In your email, include a cover letter with:
- your full name,
- your year in school (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.), and
- title(s) of your submission.
HUMID publishes work by undergraduate students who are enrolled at Stephen F. Austin State University during the academic year of each issue. All others are ineligible to submit.
By submitting to HUMID, you are granting permission to publish your work in the annual HUMID print journal, the online journal, and on our website. Upon publication, all rights revert to the authors and artists.
Please like us on Facebook or visit us here at humidjournal7.wordpress.com. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.